Emergency Call 911
Fire Museum Open Mon.-Sat. 9:00-5:00
118 Adams Ave.
Fire safety education tours, birthday parties, meeting rooms available at the Fire Museum. Call 901-320-5650
10 Important Fire Safety tips
- Never leave lighters and matches where children can find them.
- Check smoke detector monthly; replace batteries when you change your clock twice a year.
- Have a fire escape plan and practice it.
- In case of a fire, crawl under the smoke, test closed door with back of your hand for hot door before you open it.
- If your clothes catch on fire, cover your face and STOP, DROP, AND ROLL.
- Identify and store flammable liquids properly.
- Dispose of smoking materials properly.
- Never use water on a grease fire; smother it. Be careful of scalding water.
- Space heaters need space around them.
- In case of a fire, go outside, and call 911 from a neighbor’s house. DO NOT go back in.